Friday, September 17, 2010

And Years From Now I Look Back on the Good Times I Knew...

During my freshman year at Samford, I went through rush and pledged Phi Mu.  The year after I graduated from Samford, my Sister was a freshman there.  She, too, went through rush and pledged Phi Mu.

Every year before Rush, Phi Mu holds a Mom's Rush.  Mom's and alum come to the Phi Mu house on a Sunday afternoon, and the girls go through each night of Rush.  The girls get practice, and the Mom's and alum get to see all of their hard work.  I have continued going to these because since my Sister is there.  My Mom and I both went this year and had a lot of fun.  However, I realized several things that made me feel old:
  • I know no one in Phi Mu anymore, except for my Sister's friends, because all the pledge classes that were there when I was there have now graduated.
  • Because my Sister is a Senior, this was probably the last time that I will ever go to Mom's Rush.
  • Because my Sister is not living in the Phi Mu house this year, this could be the last time I will ever be in the house.
  • The girls going through Rush this year were in the 5th grade when I went through Rush... 7 years ago.
  • Not even the current Seniors were there when Phi Mu had the ugly green door.  They have only known the pretty wood door..
  • The little girl we sponsored through Compassion International got too old to be sponsored anymore, so the chapter got a new child to sponsor.
  • All of my pictures from freshman year are not digital because I, and most people, did not have a digital camera
So, although our Composite picture might be on it's way to the basement, here's to all the girls that made Phi Mu something I will never forget...


No comments: