Today is our second anniversary, or as the title of the post states our 730th day of marriage! God has blessed me with a wonderful husband who loves me more than I feel I deserve. Now of course he isn't perfect, but I can truly say that I can see him strive to love me as Christ loved the church.
He makes me laugh every day, but he is very patient with me when I'm in tears for whatever reason. He is very slow to anger, and handles a wife who is not necessarily that way all the time quite well.
Overall we have a great two years of marriage, as we have easily been able to combine our lives. During our premarital counseling, we were each asked to answer questions individually. It is quite funny to look back at some of them. Here are two that cause a chuckle.
Who will be the primary financial provider in the family?
JP: Both of us will be until we have children. Then she will stay at home until they get old enough to go to school.
Me: He will be.
Actual: Ha. Obviously, neither of us expected JP being laid off. Just goes to show that God's plan is not always the same as yours. Our answers to the questions are still our ultimate goal, but there has just been a kink in the plan that has actually been good for both of us and taught us a whole whole lot.
What will your vacations be like?
JP: Lots of sleep and food, and maybe some reading while laying out at the beach/pool. No me gusta Disney World :( The saddest place on earth.
Me: We will go to Disney World alone once and take our children at least once. Other than that as long as we go somewhere, the beach, camping, I'm fine.
Actual: We went to Disney World, and JP had fun.
I have always associated love with weddings but until my own wedding I always thought of the love being between the bride and groom. Of course that is important, but during my wedding I felt so loved by so many people including my family, JP's family, our wedding party, and our friends. This week I hope to expound on each of these groups in celebration of our 2 year wedding anniversary.
Ps. My sister and I laugh at the above picture. During the rehearsal, I said that there was no way I would forget to turn and get my bouquet from her. Well, I did forget, and here she is trying to get my attention so I will get it. I did finally remember and get it, but it makes us laugh.

No comments:
Post a Comment