TEXAS! Of course, because EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS!
Today marks the first day of the 2010 Texas State Fair which is in Dallas at Fair Park. So, if you are going to be in Dallas anytime between now and October 17 you should definitely check it out.
During the year I lived in Dallas, I went to the Fair three times. Once with Amanda, once with the interns, and once with JP. I unfortunately haven't been back since then but would love to go. For now, I can only look back of some of the pictures and remember how great the fair is!
If you notice, three of the above pictures involve eating. That's because the Fair has some of the most unique foods. For example, Amanda and I are eating Fried Latte in the above picture. You pretty much find anything in it's fried form at the fair. On the State Fair of Texas website, it claims that the Fair is The Fried Food Capital of Texas.
This year some of the interesting offerings include:
- Fried Beer
- Texas Fried Frito Pies
- Fried Club Salad
- Fried Lemonade
- Fried Chocolate
- Fried Texas Caviar
- Deep Fried Smores PopTart
Want to know what this look like? and flip to pages 10-11
And don't forget to check out Big Tex... you can't miss him!

No comments:
Post a Comment