Wednesday, September 29, 2010

JP's Family + Wedding =

After JP and I got engaged, a few of the girls I was interning with would not stop talking about their terrible in-law experiences.  As they warned me of what they guaranteed was to come, I really didn't think I would have a problem.  I should have bet them a good amount of cash that their warnings were unnecessary.  If I had, I would have a little more money now than I do.

JP comes from a wonderful family who has welcomed me into their family.  During the wedding, I felt very loved by them.

JP's Mom worked really hard planning the rehearsal dinner, and it was perfect... exactly what I would have done if I had planned it myself.


JP's parents have been very supportive of us both and have really taken the effort to get to know me despite the fact that I'm pretty sure our wedding was probably the 4th or 5th time we had ever been together.  I feel completely comfortable calling either one of them which I think is important.

JP's brother's are awesome as well.  They treat me just as I would imagine they would treat a sister if they had one.*



Since our wedding, on two family trips with them and have so much fun.  One of them JP didn't even go on, so I guess that means they like me... :)

JP's Grandparents have been great too.  They have played a significant role in JP's life, and I'm glad that I get to see them as frequently as I do since they live in Atlanta.  I like JP's grandfather so much that I even through him the bouquet at our reception.


One of the most exciting things when discussing the topic of JP's family and our wedding is the fact that his Aunt from South Africa came! We very honored and loved that she came such a distance to celebrate our wedding day with us.  We were also excited that she stayed in the US long enough for us to see her when we visited Phoenix after Christmas.


JP's extended family has also been so supportive of us.  JP's Aunt and Uncle live here, and they invite us for dinner every week.  They, too, have added me right into their family.



I'm am very blessed that JP came from such a wonderful family that has been so good to me.

And, this picture really doesn't have a lot to do with JP's family but he Grandfather and Mom are in the picture and it was taken by his Grandmother.  This is the wedding coordinator fixing JP's tie.  It makes me laugh a lot.



*Note: When I was looking through wedding pictures, I discovered that I didn't take hardly any pictures with JP's family except for the ones that were the standard boring group shots.  I wish I had taken some but I suppose what I have will have to do.

No comments: