Monday, September 20, 2010

More than what I though it was...


JP and I rarely eat fast food, and when we do it is normally Chick-fil-a.  So, I never thought of Dairy Queen as a quality fast food eating establishment.  My only experiences with it were included:
  • going to get ice cream there as a child after softball games
  • going to one after a super long hike because it was the only place to eat in a tiny town in Arizona and ordering the largest ice cream they offer
  • the one in Decatur getting run down and going out of business
However, my opinion of Dairy Queen, or as they have re-branded it DQ Chill & Grill, has definitely changed.  Once JP and I were on the way to Atlanta, and we were starving.  The closest place to eat was one of the new DQ Chill & Grills.  I have never had a better fast food burger!  Plus the ice cream is definitely a plus.  They don't have a 99 cent or dollar menu.  However, they do have a list of items you can choose from to be 2 for $3, 3 for $4, or 4 for $5.  I feel though that the quality is worth the extra 50 cents or so.  Plus one thing I appreciate is the fact that they have real bottles of ketchup and mustard on the tables, like at a sit down restaurant, so you don't have to deal with those tiny packets, which I always need like 20 of.


Unfortunately, there is not a DQ conveniently located to us.  However, that is probably a good thing!  Because, as I recommend to my patients daily, you should limit your fast food intake.  So, don't think I'm promoting eating at DQ frequently.  However, when you do decide to make the occasional visit to a fast food restaurant, if you want a hamburger and ice cream check out DQ.  But, don't forget if you want chicken instead, head down to Chick-fil-a. (Chick-fil-a holds a special place in my heart, and I can't feel like I am saying something is better than Chick-fil-a because that is not true).

No comments: