My sweet co-worker/friend is getting married in less than one month! Of course, we through her a work shower, and I volunteered to provide the dessert. I spent some time thinking about what would be best to bring. I knew we would all be full after our meal from The Fish Market, so I wanted to do something not quite as big as a cake or cupcake. After perusing Pinterest and multiple blogs, I finally decided to make truffles. I found two great recipes that are incredibly easy and incredibly tasty.
Salted Chocolate Truffle
thank you! pioneer woman (slightly different but pretty much the same)
1 cup Semisweet Chocolate
1 cup Milk Chocolate
1 (14oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Milk Chocolate
Kosher or Sea Salt
Heat 1 cup semisweet chocolate and 1 cup milk chocolate + condensed milk in a double boiler over medium low heat until chocolate is melted. Stir. Once melted and combined, stir in vanilla.
Remove from heat, cover and refrigerate for two hours.
Once chilled, roll mixture into balls. Refrigerate while you melt 1 cup milk chocolate. Once melted roll chocolate balls into melted chocolate. Sprinkle with salt (make sure you do this before chocolate hardens).
Dark Chocolate Blueberry Truffle
thanks! Erica's Sweet Tooth!
1 cup dark chocolate (at least 60% cocoa) (I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips)
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoon heavy cream
3/4 cup dried blueberries
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
Unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
Note: I added this step because I discovered my food processor would not puree dried blueberries.
Place dried blueberries in a small saucepan. Cover blueberries with water and bring to a boil until dried blueberries are soft. Drain water.
In a blender, blend together cream, dried blueberries, and honey to get the blueberries chopped as finely as possible. Transfer mixer to a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat.
Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate and stir gently until the mixture is smooth and all the chocolate melted. Whisk in butter until well incorporated.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
When the chocolate mixture is set, scoop out about 1 tablespoon of mixture. Roll each portion in the palms of your hand to make a ball. Transfer balls to parchment paper lined cookie sheet and place in fridge for 15-20 minutes.
Fill a shallow pan or pie plate with cocoa powder and toss each truffle in powder so coated well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment