Friday, March 1, 2013

Don't Let Anyone Tell You Dietitians Don't Eat Ice Cream

I came to work on Valentine's day with a small bowl full of a chocolate chip and Valentine colored M&Ms. I got a few questions as to why I was carrying this. My response was, "Our department is having an ice cream party to celebrate Valentine's day!" The usual reaction was something to do with the fact that dietitians were eating ice cream.


Why yes, we do eat ice cream! Valentine's day was made extra fun with everyone bringing in either ice cream or an ice cream topping. We had all kinds of toppings including my favorites- homemade strawberry sauce and homemade cookie dough.

Now to give people the answer they want, today we had a Salad Bar Party in which everyone brought an ingredient for a salad. This party was in honor of one of our employees that is retiring, so of course that was a retirement cake as well!

Oh, and don't worry, we know that the frozen yogurt place near our hospital has their yogurt 50% off for our organization's employees on Thursdays.

No comments: