Thursday, March 14, 2013

Old Chest + New Knobs

Many years ago, before I was born, my grandmother bought a chest. She kept it through the years and eventually my parents ended up with it. There were legs on the chest, and they decided to remove them. For most of what I remember of the chest's life, it resided in my parent's front hall... until recently when my mom decided to replace it when she rearranged furniture around the house.

When I heard it was up for grabs, I immediately claimed it. I had been looking for something to put in our guest bedroom. Nothing could be more perfect than a piece of furniture that has a history. Plus, it was free.

I do not have pictures of the knobs that were on it when I got it, but the best way I can describe them is- gold hang down knobs- if that makes any since. Anyway, they did not really produce the look I was going for. So, my mom and I found some replacement knobs at Hobby Lobby that I think give it an updated look.

I'm quite pleased with the new (to me) piece of furniture. Now, to replace the old school television that sits on it.....

No comments: