I was not on the planning committee but I did help test our potential recipes. Our goal was to have a both a tasty and healthy chili. So three people volunteered to make recipes and the bring them to test. I was glad to help with the decision process since it meant I got three free lunches! The chili we decided to use had ingredients that included ground turkey and tons of veggies such as zucchini & squash.
Not only does having the best chili in the competition result in a win, but so does having the best spirit. So, we worked hard coming up with idea to make ourselves stand out. Our name was quite unique and emphasized that our chili was a healthy chili- Chili Today, Hot Body Tamale.
Our chili cook-off committee
We had music and shakers,but what I think took us a notch above the others was our photo booth which included several props such as mustaches. Plus, on the day of the cook-off, we were by far the loudest group in our area.
We also were the only table serving margaritas- ok Crystal Light margaritas- so no alcohol of course!
We ended up placing second in the chili category AND second in the spirit category. We were pleased with the results!



No comments:
Post a Comment