Thursday, February 28, 2013

In the Kitchen: Roasted Vegetable Chickpea Salad

One of my favorite food blogs is Annie-Eats. It seems every post is of something I want to try. One of her recipes I have tried most recently is Roasted Vegetable Chickpea Salad. It is incredibly easy to make and is quite versatile going from lunch for me to snack for JP. We typically eat it with pita chips although I can see if being great alone or even stuffed into a pita or wrap.

I for the most part followed her recipe but did make a few minor adjustments.

Ingredients:
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
2 cloves garlic, minces or pressed2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
4oz crumbled feta
2 teaspoon honey
Dried basil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Combine grape tomatoes, red onion, corn, garlic, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add mixture to baking sheet spreading in an even layer. Roast about 25 minutes stirring once halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.

Add chickpeas and feta to a mixing bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and add honey. Add cooled vegetables to the bowl with the chikpeas. Add basil and toss slightly to incorporate. Serve at room temperature or chilled.

No comments: