Hello blog! I am writing you from my new computer. Unfortunately my computer purchased after I graduated from college- which I named Miguel- stopped working properly at the beginning of the year. The computer itself worked fine; it was the screen that stopped working. JP did some research and attempted to fix it but was unsuccessful (one of the few times he has been unsuccessful being a handyman). So, since Miguel already sounded like a small motor vehicle, it was decided to go ahead and invest in a replacement.
Since this was not a planned purchase, I really did not want to spend a lot of money. Sure, I would have loved the latest, greatest laptop or maybe even a Mac... but at this point I would much rather buy furniture! So, I decided to see what I could get for $300. For what I use my computer- blogging, internet surfing, basic photo editing- a fancy computer is really not necessary. A chair for our unfilled living room, however, I feel is necessary (and hopefully I will decide on one soon).
After some research I determined I could get what I wanted for between $300-$400. I searched deals daily and finally found something about a month and a half later. I was able to get the RAM, hard drive and processor speed that I wanted. I did not think I would ever find it all together, but Best Buy came through with what I thought was a great price of 299.99 + tax (free shipping). Plus I bought it through Shop Discover (why I love my Discover card) and got 10% cash back- which paid for the tax.
Now that I have my new computer- which I have named Sophie- my goal of blogging more frequently will hopefully continue. While I was waiting on finding a new computer, I did have access to JP's mini computer, but I really don't like it. And yes, I could have blogged from my phone, but I don't really like that either.
So here is to my computer that came in right a budget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome! Glad you got a good deal on a replacement. :) I'm sure I'll be joining the land of non-Macs when I have to pay full price for one! I paid $125 for the one I have... greatest day of my life.
Post a Comment