Monday, May 6, 2013

From Solo to Three.

Looks like my last blogpost was on March 28. That was two days before two big changes at the Tall and Short headquarters.

Number One: JP came back from Montgomery on Thursday March 28 and did not have to go back the following Monday. This was the first time in 3 months we weren't getting his luggage packed on Sunday night. He spend busy season working on a client in Montgomery. He would get to come home on Thursday nights and then leave Monday morning. This actually made the travel much better than if he arrived home Friday night and left Sunday night.

Of course, I am quite excited to have him back around during the week (and the weekend because he was pretty much working at home then). However, it is an adjustment. I'd say the biggest adjustment is in the food category. I had forgotten what it was like to buy food for JP for the whole week! I was quickly reminded of his food requirements when I was asked what snacks he could take for work, and I had nothing. I also have to get back into the swing of preparing dinner. I had been eating out more frequently when he was gone and usually cooked 1-2 meals/week and ate off them all week.

Number Two: We welcomed Miss Zoe, a standard poodle, into our home. We got her on March 30 when she was 7 weeks old. I'll do a full post on her but although she has been a delight to have around, she definitely has consumed a lot of our time!

Other than the two things above, there have been several blog worthy events that are waiting for the post they deserve. I'm hoping after a month of getting adjusted to having both JP and Zoe around I'll be able to get this blog up to date.



No comments: