Monday, January 21, 2013

The Late Adopter

As you read earlier, JP and I updated our tv from one made in 1994 to one made in 2012. I decided this past November that I needed to make an update with my phone.  I was still using what I like to call a dumbphone. I had had it for four years and knew that the next phone I got would be a smartphone. I put it off as long as I could because I knew once I got one I would never go back. JP and my sister both have smartphones through their work. Once they got one, it made it harder for me not to get one. So, when we made our 2012 budget I worked in saving up for a smartphone.

I had the money to get one well before I did, I just could not decide which one to get. I waited until the iphone 5 came out to make my decision. After some research the decision was between the Iphone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S3. I went to the AT&T store twice. The first time I walked out empty handed. The second time I told myself I would overcome my indecisiveness. After walking back and forth between the two phones probably 20+ times, the salesguy came over to talk with me. I told him my dilemma. After much conversation- and laughter- I finally determined that I would get the Galaxy S3.  I know that for my age group I am definitely a late adopter!

I've really enjoyed having a smartphone and am pleased with my decision of the Galaxy S3. Note: After I purchased the phone it was then onto more decisions about which case to get. I wanted one that would give good protection but not make it too big- I mean part of the reason of getting the phone was it was so slim. After a little bit of research, I'm pleased with the one I got!

No comments: