Thursday, January 24, 2013

Blanket Twins- (In look, NOT price!)

This winter I was on the look out for another winter throw. I immediately was attracted to this throw at Pottery Barn.


However, I was not attracted to the $129 price tag. Even the Christmas sale price of $99 was much more than I wanted to spend.

So when I was walking through Sam's Club, I was quite excited to find this throw and the $19.99 price tag.

 I would not say they are identical twins but they are definitely fraternal twins. The main difference is the Pottery Barn cables are slightly bigger than the Sam's throw. But really, is that worth a $100 difference? They are both 50"x60". They are made of the exact same materials- knit = acrylic; faux sherpa = polyester. Although the Pottery Barn throw comes in a few more colors, I can't imagine not being able to work with one of the Sam's throw colors.

So, for $100 less I definitely chose the Sam's throw. Even if I had not been a Sam's member, I could have purchased the membership for $40 in order  to be able to buy the throw, and I would still have spent less than the Pottery Barn throw. Plus, the membership allows me to buy 10lbs of oatmeal anytime I want :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Megan! I have this throw too! (well, almost...) I bought it in November from TJ Maxx (another of your favs) or Homegoods... It's Ralph Lauren and it cost me $35... also a great deal! and I love it!