Last week Alabama got snow! If you aren't from the South, then you do not know how excited we Southerners get. It isn't every day that we see snow. It is also isn't everyday that we drive in snow. Therefore, it is complete pandemonium. A normal 5 minute shuttle ride between the two hospitals where I work became a twenty five minute trip. Downtown was completely gridlocked.
JP and I live on a hill. When you look out our front window you can definitely see that the road is at a slant. Because of this, it makes it more difficult to drive on our part of the road. As a result, there were many cars that could not get up or down the hill and had to jump ship! There were several cars in our a couple of our neighbors yards, and it seemed that most of our neighbors- us included- had a car left in their driveway.
By the time I got home, the sun had come out, and I was able to get home with no issues. Don't think I was not a little nervous about it though! As the picture above shows, the sand truck came out to sand down the hill to help things in the morning after a night of below freezing temperatures.
Now, back to the lady who left her car in our driveway. Our neighbor gave her JP's phone number so she could contact one of us since we were both at work. Of course, we did not mind her leaving her car in our driveway.
When she came back to get her car, she left us a thank you note and some pastries from Edgar's bakery. I was blown away by her kindness. I certainly was not expecting that! It really encouraged me to show others my appreciation for them even when it is not expected. I frequently have ideas of doing that but do not always act on my thoughts. I have no idea who the lady in the white Mercedes is, but I wish that I could tell her what I just typed above!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment