Friday, June 7, 2013

Indy Race

Last spring JP and I went to Talladega. This spring we decided to check out another type of racing, Indy Racing at Barber Motor Speedway.


Before finding our place to sit, we checked out some of the tents set up near the entrance. JP enjoyed talking to people about cars and learning all about the cost of tires and many other things I don't really remember.


 JP took the chance to explain to me how an engine works. I think I might need a reinforcement education on that one.


One of the major differences between Talladega and Barber is the seating arrangements. At Talladega you have an assigened stadium seat. At Barber, however, you bring your own chair, and it is first come first serve seating. We chose to sit in the trees which was an excellent choice considering it was pretty sunny.


Another big difference between Talladega and Barber is the intensity of sound. I really felt that Barber was not nearly as loud as Talladega (although maybe the fact we were on the 3rd row at Talladega made it louder).

There was a car show at the race. Of course, we had to check out the Corvettes! My Dad made me a Corvette girl!


Overall, I really preferred Barber to Talladega. The environment was much different. I loved the seating arrangements and the options of things to do other than the race such as the car show. It seemed a little more relaxed and a little more classy. With that being said, I am glad I experienced both of these racing experiences, but I think I might be a one and done on both of these races.

No comments: