Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Down Under

I feel I should document JP's obsession. He is obsessed with the country of Australia.  When I say obsessed, I mean:
  • He watches Youtube videos on the country. He has discovered a channel by the Australian government of videos they made in the 1950s and 1960s. He watches this frequently.
  • He read Wikipedia articles on the country.
  • He has discovered how to listen to radio stations from all over the world on our tv. You better believe he has checked out stations from Australia.
  • He frequently talks about moving to Australia. 
Apparently this is not a new interest of his. I found in his third grade journal, on  December 15, 1994 he wrote: "If I could I would go to Australia."

No worries, we won't be moving there anytime soon. I told him I could not move to another country without visiting, and we have no plans to visit anytime soon. To be honest, I don't think he actually wants to move, he just gets on kicks where he likes to research places and things. As I type this he is reading all about the Tesla electric car... and I don't think we will buying one of these even though he is intrigued with it. (He just stated it costs $90,000 so yes we will not be buying it).

No comments: