Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011


It is eleven days into 2011.  So what do I think about this new year, this new decade?

First, lets look back at 2010.  Although I did pretty much nothing on my 2010 Things to Do List, it was a very memorable year.  Four events that happened in 2010 will never be forgotten.

These two events at some points in time seemed impossible, but they happened and resulted in much excitement.
JP passed the CPA exam
JP got a job

These two events were dreams come true for me!
We went to Disney World
We went to a Braves playoff game

Since I did such a bad job at completing my Things to Do List for 2010, I really wanted to think about what I wanted to do in 2011 and be realistic.  So far I've done pretty good.

Get my email under control- at the beginning of 2011 my Gmail account had over 6000 messages in the inbox. I KNOW, I have a problem! So far in 2011 I've unsubscribed to tons of emails and my email is down to 2000 messages.  My goal is to get it to be like a normal account.

Be more organized- I think doing this will help my life overall.  Especially while I'm in school, I tend to get focused on that and forget about other things.  I do so much better when I write things down but did not do a good job of that last year.  I really want one of these but I'm too cheap to fork out $50 for a planner.  So, I got another notebook that I think will work.  I have a lot of small things I want to do in 2011 that I won't mention here, and I think writing these down will get them down faster.

More recipes!- I want to add recipes to my list because I'm getting bored with what we have.  I read tons of blogs that have good recipes but I never seem to look at them.  Part of my be more organized is writing down these recipes in my notebook when I originally read them. 

Get money consolidated- JP and I are pretty pleased with the way we spend our money right now.  However, we have several different checking accounts, savings accounts, and credit cards.  I want to consolidate these!

So these are what I want to do for now.  Once I finish this semester there are several things I want to do but I'm going to be realistic and know that they won't get done while I'm taking 4 classes.  One of these is starting a food related blog, and I also want to get more involved in our church.  Additionally, I also want to get in shape, and I'm going to do what I can this spring but want to get for real about it after I graduate.

So here are some things I really want to happen this year:
Buy a house- I'm so ready to be out of apartment! I will continue to be patient but I hope it is this year.
Go on a trip- JP and I probably won't take a big trip this year since we went to Disney last year but Sister and I want to go on a camping trip out West with JP's brother Michael.

I guess a year from now we will look back and see how all of this goes!

No comments: