Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Tomahawk Chop

It all came down to the last game of the season.  Would the Braves make it to the postseason the last year of Bobby Cox's career?  As the season wrapped up, I KNEW that if the Braves made it to the postseason I HAD to go.  And yes indeed, the Braves did make it to the postseason!  As soon as the clinched the National Leauge Wildcard, I go on Ebay and purchased tickets for JP and me to go to the Braves first home game of the National League Divsion Series.

We ended up making a weekend out of the game, spending Friday and Saturday nights with JP's grandparents, and eating lunch with my friend Amanda Sunday before the game.  Although these things were fun the highlight of the weekend was the time we spent at Turner Field.


After an interesting parking experience, we made our way to Turner Field where they were handing out tomahawks to everyone.  Our seats were really good!  We were in section 112 which is right behind the visitors dugout, row 25.  We could see everything so well!  Here is our view of Bobby Cox making his way down the line of high fives as he headed towards home plate. 




I have been a huge Braves fan since I was in elementary school.  I have been to many games but had never been to a postseason game.  Oh the environment at the postseason game was incredible!  Before the game every person (except for the few Giants fans) was on their feet doing the tomahawk chop.  It was the atmosphere I had watched so many times on tv, but had never before gotten to experience.  I was too involved doing the tomahawk chop to take any pictures but thankfully a fellow fan took some video and shared it on youtube.



The Braves were down until the eight when they hit a two run homerun to take the league.  I thought the tomahawk chop at the beginning of the game was great, but the atmosphere after that homerun was even better.  Everyone was jumping up and down and high fiving strangers.  No one sat down.

Unfortunately, when the Braves were just one strike away from winning, the game went down hill.  We had to walk out of Turner Field after an Atlanta Braves loss.

Despite the loss, it was still so much fun, and I want to go to a postseason game again!


The guy who took the above picture was part of a group of people sitting right behind us who work for the San Francisco Giants.  In that group was the Public Relations person for the Giants.  My dream when I was a kid was to be the Public Relations person for the Braves.

No comments: