Thursday, January 20, 2011

Social Media

Life has been busy since the start of "real life" aka life after the holidays.  Although my Monday night class has yet to start due to snow and MLK day, I can already tell that taking 4 classes will be quite time consuming but doable. 

One of the classes I am taking is a social media class.  On our first day of class, we watched the below youtube video which I thought was really interesting.  A lot of people I have told I am taking a social media class have somewhat laughed and thought it was a joke of a class that really wouldn't be relevant to business.  After just three classes, I have already seen that those are false beliefs.  It will be incredibly interesting to see even 5 years from now what businesses are doing with social media. 

If you think about it, 5 years is a long time when it comes to technology.  5 years ago I was a 20 year old sophomore in college who didn't have wireless internet, didn't know what facebook was (I think it came to Samord my junior year), and would not have known what the phrase "there's an app for that" even meant because well apps didn't exist.

5 years from now will we be driving flying cars? Likely not, but there will definitely be things that are completely normal then that are not now!





So with that, remember when this was high tech?

1 comment:

Laurel Smith said...

Awesome video, and I love the Zack Morris pic. I wish I could take that class!