Monday, February 13, 2012

King of the Hill


There are not many tv shows I can say I've seen every episode.  Like a large portion of my generation, shows like Full House and Saved by the Bell have a spot on the list.  Friends, Dawson's Creek and Home Improvement are also on my list.  In January, my list added one more show when watched the final episode of King of the Hill.

I can't remember the exact date when we started the first of the thirteen seasons on Netflix, but I think it was while JP was studying for the CPA exam.  JP was the one who started watching it.  I had my doubts.  I wasn't a big fan of cartoons and assumed it would be inappropriate like most adult cartoons are.  I mean for goodness sake, in every episode there are four men drinking beer in an alley.

I quickly learned though that compared to most tv shows these days, King of the Hill is clean.  Plus, like so many shows from my childhood, many episodes seemed to have a "lesson" that was learned at the end. 

We watched every episode together, and it gave us something to look forward to during some busy/overwhelming times or our life.  Pretty much every episode resulted in laughter.

Eventually we learned that a couple in our home group was also going through all of the seasons too.  It was fun to be able to talk to someone about it.  In January we realized that we were both at about the same point so we decided we would watch the last four episodes together. 

We had them over and had a great time ending the series.  To be honest, I am sad we have no more new episodes to watch!

No comments: