Thursday, February 23, 2012

House Update: January 2012

February is more than half over and I have yet to share what got done on the House To-Do List in January.  So before it is time to post about things done in February, lets take a look at what was done in January.

Bed Skirt
Although I loved our new quilt, the bedding just wasn't complete until I added a bed skirt.  When West Elm was having a bedding sale, I knew that was the perfect time to purchase this linen cotton bedskirt in the flax colored fabric.  Now I feel everything is tied together really well.  Next is to get Euro pillows so I can use the decorative shams and do something about the fact that we do not have a headboard.


Dresser
I have been wanting a larger piece of furniture to store my clothing for three years.  I had been using the chest that my dad used when he was a child which was great, but it did not come close to holding all that I needed it to hold.  I had been looking at dressers for quite a while and when I finally was able to actually buy one, I couldn't seem to find one I liked.  In December, I found one at At Home that was perfect- the Shanti.

I asked about the Shanti and was informed that although they had the chest, they did not have the dresser in stock any longer.  They would not be getting anymore of that style in, but they would be getting a similar style- the Victoria- in mid-January.


So mid-January rolled around and I got a call that they did in fact get the Victoria furniture in.  I was looking for the dresser as well as the chest (for JP).  When I arrived at the store, I learned that they had the dresser in the dark wood but only had received the chest in a painted grey.  I was informed that I could get a dark wood chest, but would have to wait 6-9 months.

I knew that this was exactly what I wanted, so I decided to go ahead and get the dresser and wait the 6-9 months to get the chest.  Apparently the furniture is from India and they already have their next shipment ordered so my chest will have to be on the following shipment.

I am quite please with the dresser and can't wait to complete the look with the chest.




So that is it for January.  I did purchase some bedding for the guest bedroom, but have not put it on the bed yet- so it doesn't count for the month of January.

No comments: