In December, we hosted our first party in our house. I had my co-workers over for our department Christmas party. Everyone brought a dish, and we enjoyed the Secret Santa reveal. (In the picture above (L-R), Kayla, Me, Kate. Kate was convinced that Kayla was her Secret Santa. Once I learned that I used Kayla to help further disguise the fact that I was Kate's Secret Santa. Kate was shocked to find out it was me).
We had a TON of work to do before having people over. JP worked until the day of the party installing the recessed lights (which wasn't necessary for the party but needed to be done before we left for Phoenix a few days later). I also was sick the day of the party as well as about a week before. Needless to say we were exhausted by the end of the night. However, we LOVED having everyone over. It was SO much fun. I think we both learned that we will definitely be having more people over to our house AND that our house doesn't have to be perfect in order to have guests.
(you can see our 70s couches in the background of this picture. Did not have the new one yet).
We really did not have enough seating to have 20ish people over. Our pastor was kind enough to let us borrow 20 folding chairs, even though the party was the night before our church's Christmas program. Glad we got them back to the church before the program because the program was packed and definitely needed those seats!



No comments:
Post a Comment