Monday, December 27, 2010

Secret Santa

Each year between Thanksgiving and Christmas, my co-workers and I play Secret Santa.  We each draw a name and once a week  for 3 weeks we give a gift.  There is a $5-8 price limit on the gifts each week.  Trying to figure out who each person's secret santa is and looking at what everyone gets is SO much fun.  We all look forward to it all year long.  Actually, our new employees that started in June were informed on their second day of work by a co-worker that Secret Santa was "just around the corner."

I always have a lot of fun buying gifts for my person.

 The first week, I gave these ornaments.  I actually got them in Phoenix the day after Thanksgiving at Hobby Lobby.  They were all 50% off!





And then I put the ornaments in this cute tin.





The second week, I went to Hobby Lobby again and gave this oven mitt and dish towel. Again, everything was 50% off!




I thought this box was really cute to put them in.



 Finally for the third week, I gave what was my favorite of the three gifts.  I got this really cute teapot at TJ Maxx.



After all of the anticipation over the three weeks, it all comes together at our annual Christmas party.  This year we decided to have it at one of the girl's houses instead of at a restaurant.  We all brought a dish, and yes there was only one "healthy" item at the dietitian party.  

This year because we had it at a home, we decided to invite spouses too.  Not many came but it was great to meet the ones that could make it.  We hear about these guys all the time so it was great to actually meet them.




At the end of the night we do the Secret Santa reveal.  There was much laughter and fun.  I am very blessed to have such fun co-workers that I get along with!

No comments: