Before JP and I got married, one of our initial concerns was what church we would go to. We both had a church in Birmingham, but we wanted one of our own so it didn't feel like I was going to his or vice versa. Sometimes it feels like it takes forever to find the perfect thing, but not in this category. In a funny (to me at least) event, God led us to Redeemer Community Church for our very first "church shopping trip," and we have been there ever since.
One of the things JP and I love so much about our church is the community we have. We have grown very close to our home group the past few years. This year a few of the other home group girls and I decided that we wanted to have a Christmas party where everyone dresses up plus we wanted to send out real invitations and provide a real meal.
We got our invitations from tinyprints. They say, in case you can't read the pictures,
A Christmas Celebration
Come celebrate the Christmas Season
With our home group and church leaders
Wear you best dress or tie
For dinner, dessert, and wine
We hosted it at one of the girl's houses. For appetizer we had deviled eggs and pigs in a blanket. The main course was pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls. For dessert we had oreo balls.
I was in charge of the pork tenderloin and the oreo balls. I bought three pork tenderloins from Sam's Club. Let me tell you, these are a great idea if you are ever having to serve meat at an event. They come pre-marinated in 4 different flavors so all you have to do is take them out of the package and stick them in the oven for 1.5-2 hours. They are so juicy and tender! Everyone kept saying how excellent they were. One girl said she didn't even like pork but thought they were great.
I did get assistance from JP when it came from cutting the meat. I am terrified of knifes so pass this duty off to him whenever possible. And yes, he is using the electric knife he gave me when we were dating. And yes, we do own two electric knifes, the one he bought for me and the one he had before we got married.
I was a little nervous about having the meat done at the right time, but it all worked out great. Plus, it provided me with a reason to buy a new serving piece from TJ Maxx.
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the oreo balls or of us dressed up. But, Sarah came over the night before the party and helped me make three batches of oreo balls. Thanks sister!

No comments:
Post a Comment