Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Pie Extreme

JP's brother Matt, who lives in NYC, had a piece of pie that he loved in NYC and wanted to see if it could be homemade.  It can... and it was so good!

I don't have the exact recipe but basically it is...

Graham cracker crust (we used the store bought to save time) with melted chocolate spread in the bottom.  Then a layer of sliced bananas followed by the peanut butter pie filling (8oz cream cheese, 1 cup peanut butter, 1.5 cups powder sugar, 8oz. tub cool whip).  Top it with whipped cream (homemade is best) and a banana slice to give it the gourmet look.

I love peanut butter pie, and this just takes it to the next level. Now, I think I need to make a trip to NYC to compare the two pies.

2 comments:

Laurel Smith said...

What about the top chocolate layer?

This looks awesome.

Megan said...

Oh yeah I forgot about that part didn't I!

Thanks for catching that.
It is just melted chocolate poured on top. You then put it in the freezer for an 1-2 hours before serving.