Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hilton Head

A few weeks ago JP and I went with his family to Hilton Head.  I had never been, and I loved it.  I definitely want to go back!  Actually, JP and I have decided that one day we will live there.  Hey, you never know!

We took two cars.  JP chauffeured Matt, Michael, and me.  With eight people there was tons of stuff so Michael and I rode in the back with his huge camera bag in between.  The ride actually went by pretty quickly... 

... because we saw some interesting things.  We saw...

 ...a barbeque grill on the road, and yes, it was actually smoking as it traveled down the road.

Michael got quite excited about this fake NASCAR car, which we saw right after we saw a random man run across the off ramp with a watermelon.


We also stopped at the funniest gas station ever...

Once we got there we enjoyed a relaxing week on the beach.  I didn't take any pictures, sadly.  Michael and I enjoyed riding all over the island on bikes that we rented.  We saw alligators, tricked security guards, and had the funniest experience ever with a water fountain.  I had never ridden my bike on the beach before so that was fun.

We enjoyed going out to dinner.  Our favorite was the Sea Shack.  JP really liked Harold's Diner.  Harold's is a very unique restaurant.  If you ask the man taking your order that you don't think you can eat the whole platter because he will respond "It's America puddin', you don't have to."  Also don't enter if you are a Yankees fan!  Finally, don't ask the guy who seems to be in charge if he is Harold, because he is not.  I was informed that Harold, in fact, died 16 years ago.
We had a lot of fun playing games both on the beach and around the kitchen table.


So, overall it was such a fun trip.  When I go back (because I will), I will definitely eat at the Sea Shack again, rent bikes, and I will try and take at least one picture!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

so fun! isn't it a great lake. i wonder how far away from each other we were.

thomas's family takes a trip to hilton head every summer. this year, however, because of babies being born we're going in late september. we just rented the house today! isn't it a wonderful place. love it!

hope to see you guys soon...walking into church, i'm sure :)