Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Senior Year Memory Part SIXTEEN: Surprise Date

JP had only been dating for about a month when he told me he had a surprise date for me. I had NO idea what this date was. My friends made speculation but none of us were anywhere close to guessing what this date was.

So what did we do? We went to the Homewood Armory (yeah I was really confused when we ended up there) for a concert where we heard these guys.


If you know me, you know I'm really not all up on music so I definitely had not heard of the band we were going to hear. JP knew this and had printed the lyrics to all of their songs off. I really thought this was cute.

It was a very interesting evening and the crowd got a little more out of control than either of us ever imagined. JP spent a lot of the evening making sure I didn't get trampled (which again I thought was really cute), and I'm pretty sure the singer spit on me at some point in time. Overall, it was really a lot of fun and something we look back on and smile about.

I don't remember any of the songs we heard that night, but since then JP put several of them on cds he made for me. Time & Confusion is definitely my favorite song.

No comments: