Sunday, January 10, 2010

It may be a little strange...




A few months ago JP and I were watching tv, flipping through the channels when we came upon an infomerical for some sort of juicer/food processor combination. We watched it for a second and then he started to change it. I had to protest and made us watch the whole infommercial.

Later, JP was again flipping through the channels when he came across QVC. He said jokingly, "I guess you will want to watch this since you love infommercials."

This is when JP learned of my secret love for QVC. It may be strange, but as a child I would watch QVC regularly. It all started when I was sick in 7th grade for several days. I had a lot of makeup work to do afterwards and discovered that watching QVC while I did my work would not distract me like a tv show but would eliminate complete silence. Doing homework while watching QVC continued through high school.

I was also obsessed with a show "In the Kitchen with Bob" which sold kitchen items every Sunday afternoon. I would come home from church and, if a Braves game wasn't on, I would eat my lunch while watching this show on QVC.

What I liked about watching these shows was the fact that most of the time they made me laugh, especially when people will call in.

Once I went to college my QVC watching stopped. However, JP and I are watching the Sunday afternoon kitchen show right now and we both are enjoying it so maybe my watching will pick up again. My guess is probably not, but I will always like QVC!

By the way, when JP learned of my former watching he asked if I had ever bought anything. The answer is yes. Once in middle school, I bought my sisters Christmas gift on QVC... blow pens. That is the only thing though.

No comments: