Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Big Two-oh One-Oh

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him. Psalm 37:7

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Romans 12:12

One thing I learned the most in 2009 is patience. We both expected to have a house by the end of 2009. Throughout the entire searching process, we really trusted in the Lord and asked Him to guide us in our search. Nothing ever seemed to work out, and then when JP got laid off, we knew that God had been answering our prayers all along by not showing us our first home! Instead, He provided for us the perfect opportuniity for JP to work towards a career advancement.

2010 has the potential to be HUGE for JP and I. There are a lot of things that could happen:

JP could pass the CPA exam

JP could get a job

We could buy a house

We could go to Disney World


These are things we both want to happen. Although there are some things I can do...

  • I can be an encouraging and supportive wife

  • I can pray for JP 's brain to soak up knowledge, for him to have the diligence to study as well as confidence

  • I can pray for a job and a house and help look for both

  • …. and I can look forward to the end result of all of this... going to our epic Disney World/beach trip that I have been planning in my head for years!

… these aren't really things you put on a “Things To Do In The New Year” List.

So what do I put on a “Things To Do In The New Year” List? Keep reading and you will find out!

Run

And when I say run, I mean run. I want to run 4 5ks this year (one each quarter) with a goal of running a 1/2 marathon sometime next year. I plan on going "from couch-to-5k. My sister just signed up for a 1/2 marathon so I'm thinking my personality trait of not letting other out do me might help me accomplish this one.

Blog

I want to update more often! I want to finish my "Senior Year Memory" series and have tons of things I want to blog about including another series. I also have an idea for another blog.

Open an Etsy Shop

I'm not going to tell you what I would be selling though until I actually open it.

Coupon

Send Thank You Notes

Thank you notes aren't just for wedding presents! I want to send people thank you notes for the little things they do.

Photography

i want to learn to use my camera better! i am planning on taking a class at Samford After Sundown with a friend

Take Supplements

I want to make sure I take my multivitamin and calcium everyday!

Water

JP will tell you that I don't drink enough water. It's true. It's not that I'm drinking other things... the only thing I usually drink is water... I just don't drink enough. I'm striving for 2 Liters/day.

Read 12 Books in 2010

Maybe for some people this is a low number... not for me. JP says one of these books has to be Atlas Shrugged (which I was supposed to read 2 years ago)

Finally and MOST importantly

1. I can not let the things above become "time wasters." I REALLY want to read the entire Bible this year. JP and I tried it in 2008. We started in the New Testament and got through it. Then somewhere in Joshua we got off track. This year I am going to do it!

2. I shall not fall into the falsehood that this day, or any day, is merely another ambiguous and plodding twenty-four hours, but rather a unique event, filled, if I so wish, with worthy potentialities.
taken from John Piper here


1 comment:

Lori Nichols said...

Love that last quote! And I'm now going to read 'Atlas Shrugged', too! You have a great year planned out. And we're going to Disney this year, as well! Let us know when you book. How fun it would be to bump into you two!