
So this is the infamous Samford fountain. As a student you pass it every day on the way to class and frequently hang out on the benches around it. Also, some students jump in the fountain. It is "forbidden" and is supposed to result in a values violation if caught. However, it is a very common thing to do. I once saw a guy in the middle of the day ride his bike right into the fountain. It was quite amusing.
As of my senior year, I had not joined the "I jumped in the fountain" club and I really wanted to. So, one spring night JP and I went and jumped in. Unfortunately we have no pictures to document the experience. The fountain was much deeper that I expected... and much colder. Afterward we were freezing! It was, though, a lot of fun and I'm glad I "broke the rules".
No comments:
Post a Comment