When I tell our engagement story, I always mention that the bench where JP proposed was also the bench where he asked me to be his girlfriend. However, me becoming his girlfriend wasn't as easy as it sounds.
Like I said JP asked me to be his girlfriend on a bench. This bench was in Jemison Park and it was very cold outside! When he asked me of course I said yes. Then he responded with "ok it will be official in two weeks. That is when my dad comes." JP's dad, who lives in Arizona was going to be in Birmingham the following weekend.
So JP's dad came and I got to meet him and several other members of JP's family. This event occured much less than two weeks after JP asked me to be his girlfriend. That night after I met his parents I was talking to JP's good friend Jon who kept asking me if I was JP's girlfriend. I kept telling him no (because it hadn't been two weeks).
The night JP had given the two weeks time table I had gone to my planner and drawn a big smiley face on the date that was two weeks away. So, when that date came I sure knew that it had been two weeks! I was expecting some sort of acknowledgement... but nothing. At the end of the night I asked JP, "what about the two weeks?" He responded that I was already his girlfriend. He meant after his dad came not exactly two weeks.
So, JP and I don't really know when we started dating. I was his girlfriend before I thought I was! It makes us laugh now!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment