Two important things you need to know for this story.
1. My brother-in-law Matt lives in NYC. Remember- I went to see him last fall.
2. I love baseball. I talk a little about that here.
On Friday June 1, Matt decided to go to a Mets game. This game turned out to be more than just a game. It was epic. Matt witnessed the first no-hitter ever thrown in Mets franchise history. The chance of witnessing a no-hitter is slim to begin with, but witnessing the first no-hitter in franchise history? There were 8,019 games that covered 51 seasons that happened before this no-hitter. I'd say Matt picking the 8,020th game to attend was a wise decision.
Note: I am an avid Braves fan and seeing as the Mets-Braves have a long standing rivalry I want to make it clear that it takes something of this proportion to have a blog post about the Mets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment