Monday, June 4, 2012

April and May- Flying By

I can not believe it is already June! I have done quite a poor job keeping this blog updated. With JP having traveled for work for the most part of January through April, I have enjoyed him being home. Although I will say I have had to remember how to prepare meals for more than just one.

Mavericks Basketball
If you remember from my last post April was quite a busy with traveling.  I traveled to Atlanta to go to the Mavericks-Hawks game with my friend Amanda. We both are Mavs fans and have been to many Mavs games together.  I did not take a picture from this game, but here we are at a game in Dallas- we got sit only a few rows back!  The Mavericks did not win the game- the last of the season.

After the game Amanda dropped me off at the Four Seasons hotel.  JP was staying there for work so I got to stay a night with him.




Engagement Party
Two of our friends from church are getting married... this Saturday! We hosted an engagement party for them in April.  We grilled out burgers (as well as a pork tenderloin per JP's request) and our home group members brought toppings, sides, and desserts.

No party is complete without cute napkins...


... and fresh flowers 

We spent the evening outside enjoying the great company, perfect weather, a game we created that consisted of throwing acorns/walnuts into cups... it was much more fun than it sounds.






Baby Bites

I had always heard of baby bites, but it wasn't until this spring that I actually experienced them. SO good. They are moist, sweet, and quite addicting.  Unfortunately, by my book, they are quite a splurge.  But, worth the occasional treat.  If you have not tried them and are in the Birmingham area, please go to Pastry Art Bake Shoppe and fix this problem.



Talladega
JP and I went to Talladega. I had never been; he had been once.  Our seats were on the THIRD row right in front of the starting line.  It was quite an experience to be so close to cars going 200mph.  I was just stunned the first few times they passed me.  They then went on to pass me a total 199 times and although it was incredibly fast every time, I did get somewhat bored.  However, I did not mind because I know some people complain about baseball being boring while I absolutely love it.

JP's guy, Matt Kenseth, was in the lead for a large part of the race, but unfortunately he did not win.  After the race, we grilled out by the car to help us prevent from getting stuck in traffic. Although I probably won't attend another race, I was quite glad I got the experience.


Ultimate Frisbee
JP and I played in an ultimate frisbee tournament with a team from our church.  My sister joined us as well.  We had never played in an organized ultimate frisbee game... only a few random ones in college, so we were newbies with lots to learn.  Most of the people on our team had a ton of experience as they play in the summer league.  My sister and I were the only ones there without cleats, but we still did ok.  We had a ton of fun and would love to play in the summer league next year.  Our team got third in the tournament.  I did learn that Ultimate is a good workout!
 

Summer
With the celebration of Memorial Day, it is officially summer.  We spent Memorial Day in Decatur with my family and enjoyed a weekend full of hot air balloons, hammocks, the farmers market, and sunshine.
I have also enjoyed getting to see what is blooming at our house.


 Since this is our first Spring/full summer to be here, there were a few surprises, like these lilies.


 Hope you are enjoying your summer! We look to have a pretty full June full of potential blog worthy material.

No comments: