I'll be the first to admit, I am definitely not up on pop culture. I think one of the reasons is because of my lack of tv watching. JP and I have gotten to where when we do turn the tv on, it is usually for a Netflix movie. But when we do watch something non-Netflix on tv, it's typically one of the following:
In the morning, JP always turns on CNBC to get the latest stock market information. He is really interested in the stock market which I think is really cool. He even had to keep tabs on it during our honeymoon (note it was when the financial crisis was beginning and there were all those bailouts). I on the other hand don't find as much interest in the market so I usually don't watch. Now, if you knocked that C off the front of CNBC and just gave me NBC with the Today Show, I might actually be distracted in the morning!
Sunday evening after church seems to be the only time we consistently find ourselves turning on the tv. As a result, we have started to watch tthe Next Food Network Star. We both really like cooking and have taken interest in the show. Usually on weeknights if we decide to turn on the tv, we turn it to the Food Network and love the shows Good Eats, The Best Thing I Ever Ate, and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. We just watch whatever one is on when we decide to watch.
At night around 9:30, JP has started watching King of the Hill. Neither of us have ever really watched it before and for some reason I didn't think it would be a very clean show. But it is actually pretty clean and we think it is very funny. JP has discovered that Netflix has it on instant stream so we have been watching it more often than normal.
So there is what is on our tv, besides Netflix movies. However, I did not include sports. During the NBA season basketball is frequently on, and although I don't watch baseball as much as I used to, you better believe the World Series is on, as is most major sports championship games.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I love Next Food Network Star!
Post a Comment