Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Disney World- Day 3: Animal Kingdom

JP and I were definitely at the very front of the line to get in at Animal Kingdom.  As soon as people were allowed to enter the park, Disney Cast Members with holding a long rope, led the crowds to the two major attractions, Kilamanjaro Safaris and Expedition Everest, in order to prevent a stampede.  Maybe they do this at other parks, but I've never been so close so I do not know.

JP and I headed for Expedition Everest first.  We were the 9th and 10th people in line; therefore, we got to go on the first ride of the day!
After getting off Expedition Everest, we grabbed a Fast Pass for it and headed over to Kali River Rapids.  We rode it twice, and both times JP got the most wet of anyone in our boats!  After that, we headed back over to Expedition Everest and got to ride for the second time without a wait by using our Fast Pass!

Other attractions we enjoyed were:

 JP at the Affection Section... aka petting zoo.  This is one of the only things we were not overly impressed with.  But, JP did enjoy petting the old goat.  The Cast Member we talked to said that all the goats they have are "elderly."

In front of the Tree of Life it is 145ft tall with 325 animals carved in it.

Inside of the Tree of Life is the 3-D show attraction, It's Tough to be a Bug!

We both really enjoyed Animal Kingdom, and both think it is better than your typical zoo because the animals are not in cages.  We got to see some pretty cool animals, and JP thinks that this is the most shaded park making it the coolest.
Although we saw some intense animals like hippos, lions, and tigers... no one was injured :)

 After enjoying the day at the park, we went back to our hotel to rest until it was time to go to our dinner reservation.  I wanted to go to one sit down restaurant while we were there to have a meal that didn't consist of your typical fast food items.  I decided that Boma was definitely the best option.  
 

It was an all-you-can-eat buffet meaning we would get our moneys worth.  Plus the food is inspired by African cuisine, meaning it is definitely different.

Boma is located in the Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is a Deluxe resort.  We had a lot of fun just exploring the area.  JP really liked the architecture of the building, especially the straw roof.

We had so much fun at Boma! It was great to get to try all of the different foods.  They had 5 excellent soups that we liked sampling to determine which was our favorite.  They had a meat carving station that JP loved.  He also loved the bread pudding.



I really liked the FuFu (which is a sweet potato dish).  But, I was most excited about the desserts.  They had about 10 different desserts, and they were all bite size so you could definitely try them all.


One interesting fact about Boma is that they use paper straws.  I had never used a paper straw before!

We were definitely stuffed after that meal!  And, we were exhausted from our long day at the park.  So, we went to bed at like 8:45, but you better believe we were fresh and ready to go for our next exciting day at Disney World!

1 comment:

Briana said...

YAY for Boma! I'm so glad you enjoyed it-it looks like your whole trip was a blast!