Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Senior Year Part THIRTY: Disney World



The summer after I graduated from Samford (which I am still counting as Senior year obviously) my family and I went to Disney World!  I love Disney World!  My family has been many, many times.

Here I am with Minnie throughout the years:

And here are me, sister, and Dad on the tea cups.  Mom is always our photographer on this ride.


When we went this time, we stayed at the All Star Music Resort.  Every other time we had stayed on Disney property we had stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, but the All Star resort was cheaper, and we enjoyed it just the same.

We always visit all four parks.  When I was a kid, my favorite was Magic Kingdom, and although I still love Magic Kingdom, I think my new favorite on this trip was MGM Studios.  Interesting fact: In 2008 the name of MGM Studios was changed to Disney Hollywood Studios.  Therefore, we were there the last year it was MGM Studios!

MAGIC KINGDOM
Oh, Peter Pan's Flight.  We will never forget this ride.

EPCOT

MGM STUDIOS



ANIMAL KINGDOM




During this trip, Disney's promotion was "The Year of a Million Dreams"  They were going to fulfill a million dreams that year.  One of the things they were doing was picking a select few visitors to receive special fast passes to rides at the park in which they were given out.

My family won these not once but TWICE.  We figure it is rare to win them once but definitely rare to win them twice considering they didn't hand many out and we were there during Fourth of July, one of the busiest times of the year.

The first one we won was while we were at Epcot.

 
The second time we won, we were at MGM.

 
This isn't the first time that something cool has happened to my family.  One year, we were picked to be part of the parade!  At the end of the parade, all of the characters went to this balcony and wave to everyone.  We were picked to go up there with them and wave.  Sister, however, got scared (she was probably only 8 or so) and thought they were going to take her away from my parents so she refused to do it.  So, it was just me and my Dad with the characters while my Mom sat with her.

My family always has fun when we go to Disney World.  The summer after I graduated was my last real summer since the following summer I would start working.  Spending time with my family at Disney World was a great way to spend it!




So that finally concludes the Senior Year Memory series.

On another note, sad to see the Disney World post end?  JP and I are headed to Disney World in August so look for more Disney updates later!

No comments: