Monday, May 10, 2010

Seniory Year Memory Part TWENTY TWO: JP's Friends

This past weekend JP and I spent some time with the few friends of his that are still at Samford.  Hanging out with them on Samford's campus made me remember some of the memories I have of hanging out with his friends my Senior year.  You never know what to expect when you hang out with this group! 

Swimming... but not in a pool.
One hot spring Friday, I was coming back from lunch in the caf.  JP called to see if I wanted to go swimming with him and his friends.  That sounded like fun to me so I threw on my swimsuit, and he came by and picked me up.  I don't know why with this group but I was expecting to go to a pool, but no we were going to a random creek.  We had a lot of fun jumping of the sides and swimming around.  However, looking back it was probably one of the grossest things I have ever done because the water was very far from clean.  Talking about it now, JP and I are very surprised that no one attracted some microorganism.

Pocket Bikes
Towards the end of the school year, a few of JP's friends got these pocket bikes that looked like this...


Those guys rode those things all over campus.  One night they were all riding them around the parking lot, and I decided I wanted to give it a shot.  It was a really a lot of fun!  At one point of time I was on the far end of the parking lot.  I turned too sharply and fell of the bike.  As soon as this happened, the group of 5-6 guys came sprinting towards me.  I really wasn't hurt, just a few scratches on my shoulder and arms, but they were all really concerned.  I was quite pleased with the way I handle the situation... I hoped right back on the bike.

No comments: