JP and I used to go on walks several times a week in the Homewood neighborhoods behind Samford. One evening on a walk we noticed a house that had put all kinds of stuff out for the garbage truck to pick up. In the pile of stuff was this painting.
We rescued the painting from its demise and hung it on the wall above the futon in JP's student apartment. Me, JP and his roommate had a quite a discussion about what the painting was trying to convey and which way it was supposed to hang. I'm not really sure why we decided to hang it this direction.
During JP's senior year, he hung the painting again but hung it the opposite direction with the squares on the bottom. He even carried this painting to the house he lived in the summer before we got married, and I think it was hung horizontally. Once we were married and he moved all of his stuff to our apartment, he did not bring the painting with him. We have no idea where it is now. Maybe it was put out for the garbage truck and another couple just happened to stumble upon it.
After reading this post to JP his response was: "Oh no! I don't know where that is. I can't believe I lost it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment