I made dinner while JP read his book. It feels like JP has been reading this 870 page history book since I met him. He started reading it and then put it down for so long that when he picked up again in the fall he had to start all over. When he isn't reading about accounting stuff, he is reading this book. The other night he stayed up until 1:30am reading it.History can be very humorous sometimes! Every once in a while he will read me a passage that just makes me laugh!
So what was I making while he was reading?
Sloppy Joes
I'm sure everyone knows how to make sloppy joes but they are SO easy!
1. Brown 1lb of ground beef.While the beef was browning, I threw together a salad consisting of bagged lettuce, chopped yellow pepper, sliced tomato, green olives, sliced cucumber, a handful of cheese, and croutons.
2. Add 1 jar of Heinz Chili Sauce, 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp brown sugar, 1 chopped green pepper.
3. Serve with buns
Call me Rachael Ray because the meal only took me 30 minutes to make! I used 93/7 ground beef and Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat buns. Paired with the salad this was a quick, healthy meal.
Now after dinner, JP and I spent some time hanging out talking about our days, fantasy basketball, and other random things. Eventually though it was time for me to exercise. I started doing this lovely DVD again. After a 7 month break from Jillian, I started the 30 Day Shred again this week. So, I turn the volume down on the Jillian and turn up some music. As I exercise in the middle of the living room JP encourages me, and we both get into the music. Good music makes a workout so much easier!
While I was working out, JP was making these lovely Oreo balls for our Home Group social night. Ok, these aren't our oreo balls. The ones pictured actually belong to whatscookingamerica.net. Two things- 1. Unfortunately, I was too lazy to get my camera out and take pics and 2. Unfortunately, ours didn't turn out so pretty.
1. Mash 1 bag of oreos up into crumbs- we used mint oreos and remember crumbs not dust!
2. Mix crumbs with room temp 8oz cream cheese
3. Form into small balls.
4. Put formed balls into fridge while you melt 2 16oz bags of chocolate morsels.
5. Take balls out of fridge and dip into melted chocolate
Although these taste really good, JP has announced that we will not be making these again because it is a very messy process and dipping them in the chocolate isn't exactly easy. We kinda messed up and didn't put them in the fridge before dipping so they completely fell apart. After doing a few we put them in the fridge before dipping the rest.
So... that was our night in a nutshell!


1 comment:
We LOVE Oreo Balls! We make them at Christmas time!!! You didn't mention, however, how nutritious the Oreo balls were.... :)
Post a Comment