Ingredients:
Bread
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I always use imitation because it is much cheaper!)
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (I had never zested a lemon before.)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup blueberries (You could use fresh or frozen. I used thawed frozen blueberries.)
Lemon Glaze
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place the oven rack in the center of oven. Prepare loaf pan by spraying with nonstick spray
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl beat butter with electric mixer until softened (I love when I get to use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer! A hand mixer would work too)
- Add the sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture (in three additions) and milk (in two additions) alternately, starting and ending with flour. Mix only until combined. (I totally messed this part up. I have a problem with reading directions when I cook. I added the entire flour mixture all together. After mixing really good I realized I never added the milk. I still turned out ok though!)
- Gently fold in the blueberries. (Your batter will probably turn a little blue but that is ok.)
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (I actually checked mine at 50 minutes, and it was done.)
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. (I waited until there was about 10 minutes left until the bread was done.)
- When the bread is done, remove from the oven. Pierce the hot loaf all over with a toothpick. Then, brush the top of the loaf with the hot lemon glaze.
- Cool the loaf on the pan for about 30 minutes then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. (I could only wait about 10 minutes until I tried it and never took it out of the pan)
Recipe from joyofbaking.com
No comments:
Post a Comment