This year was our 4th Valentine's to celebrate together. Here is what we were doing on the actual date of Valentine's...
- 1st Valentine's day: I was in Step Sing. (We did go to Macaroni Grill a few days later)
- 2nd: I was in Dallas with the flu. He was in Birmingham. The Suns played the Mavs (which was a big deal) but I was too sick to care. (We did get engaged a few days later).
- 3rd: I had to work but afterwards JP surprised me with fondue and I gave him a Valentine's Mad Libs book.
- 4th: read on!
This year we decided to do something fun together for Valentine's. On Saturday (after I got off work... I know 2 Valentine's weekends in a row I've had to work), we went shopping at Whole Foods. We rarely go, but we both love it! We had so much fun!
Valentine's Day itself was pretty typical. We cleaned, studied, and went to church. After church though we made our Valentine's dinner with the stuff we had bought the previous day.
What did we make?
PIZZA!
First we made our dough and had to let it rise for an hour.
While we waited, we enjoyed watching the NBA All Star game, which ended up being a really good, fun game to watch.

Once our dough had risen, we separated it into 4 pieces. Instead of making 1 big pizza, we each decided to make 2.
Once separated, the dough had to rise for 15 more minutes. We spent this time preparing our toppings.
JP's favorite is the sauteed portabella mushrooms.
Red bell peppers are my favorite!
Once we had all of our toppings...
...we made our pizza! I made a small pizza and a calzone. JP ended up making two calzones.
After baking in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, we had our finished product! Mine sorta fell apart but it was still really yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment