Thursday, February 18, 2010

Basic Photography Class Photos: Week 3

This week our assignment was to submit 5 photos showing that we knew how to use aperture to enhance the appearance of the photo.

For those of you who know nothing about photography, aperture is directly related to the amount of light that enters the camera. The larger the number the smaller the opening.

Additionally, the smaller the number/the bigger the opening, the less the photo is in focus. Therefore, the blur the background of a photo, use a smaller aperture.



Overall my teacher was had positive things to say about my photos. The only negative things was the lighting on the cupcake photo (which I knew before I even submitted it). He did comment on the DVD picture stating that this was quite the collection! I informed him this was taken at a friend's house, but he was definitely amused by the number of DVD's in the photo. Personally, the number of DVD's seemed quite normal to me.

I will say the DVD photo is my favorite! Which one is yours?

2 comments:

Laurel Smith said...

I love the DVD photo too! (I'm glad your teacher hasn't seen OUR collection.) I also like the one of Sarah.

Megan said...

haha Laurel, I did think of you guys. Maybe a lot of DVDs is normal to me since I know you guys :) Thanks for commenting!