Saturday, February 13, 2010

Don't try this at home...

JP recently decided he wanted to eat healthier in an attempt to lose weight. JP and I inherited a lot of canned vegetables from a friend of his that moved to California. We never eat canned vegetables so they have been taking about precious cabinet space for a while. On the second day of JP's dietary makeover, JP decided he would eat some of these vegetables. However, he did not eat these in the typical way.

First he loaded a can of peas and a can of asparagus into the blender.

He then preceded to puree them, adding chili powder and whipping cream.

After pouring this concoction into a glass, he drank it. He said it was the most disgusting thing he had ever consumed. He felt sick for a several hours afterward. When I asked him why he did it he replied, "I was trying to be healthy."

Since then, I have been making fresh salads every night, and we have been enjoying both fruits and vegetables in a much better way. I am having so much fun coming up with healthy recipes! I always tried to cook healthy before, but now JP will actually eat it without adding unhealthy stuff to it!

No comments: