Friday, September 27, 2013

Remember Five Years Ago Today...


 Five years ago today we were hanging out here at Samford's Reid Chapel.


 A lot of work and planning went into these programs and the reception to follow.


Whenever I think about our wedding, I am overwhelmed by the love shown to both JP and I by so many people. Every wedding gift represents someone who cared enough about us to spend their money on something for us. I think about this every time I put our dishes away! Although so many people showed love for us, I would say that my parents are at the top of the list! They put so much time, effort, and money into our wedding celebration. They worked so hard to make it what I wanted.



When I think of our wedding, I am also reminded of our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. JP's parents put a lot of thought into this event. It was a special night that further reinforced how blessed JP and I are by the people in our lives.


Our wedding was the first wedding I was actually a part of. Since I have now had the experience of being a bridesmaid, I have even more gratefulness for our sweet friends that took the time and money to be a part of our wedding. We each had five members of the wedding party. Each of these people are very special to us and are friends we will always have, even if we are unable to see each other frequently.



And yes, I do think of JP when I think of our wedding. I have been blessed to spend the past five years as his wife. I have been able to experience many of his beneficial qualities over these years. In honor of five years, five of my favorite JP qualities are
1) The fact that he does not care what others think (at times this can be my least favorite quality too).
 2) He likes to figure things out and do things himself. I did not really see this quality come to light until we purchased our house. He is also like this with our cars. Some may think it is because he doesn't want to spend money. Although that is part of it, he truly enjoys challenging himself with learning knew things.
3). Commitment to health. JP realizes the importance of exercise. Although he had to take a break from running, he joined the Y (which was something he really did not want to spend the money on) so he could swim. He continually throughout our marriage has encouraged me to be active as well. I'm not sure I would be as active as I am without his encouragement.
4). JP has the ability to make me laugh and to make me feel like a kid again.
5).  He is slow to anger. I am not.


And yes, five years later these are still my favorite flower.



 And, I will end with my wedding cake. It was exactly how I always imagined it would look.


No comments: