Planning a trip to Hawaii is full of decisions. The first decision is simply which island to visit. I initially leaned towards Maui but the more research I did I decided to choose Kauai as it is the least commercialized island.
Once I decided on Kauai I then had to decide which side of the island to stay. I narrowed it down between the North and the South shores and even considered splitting our stay between the two. I ultimately decided on the South shore in Poipu.
I searched and searched VRBO for a place to stay. I really enjoy doing research and although I found a lot of great places nothing screamed "this is it" to me. Finally, I decided to go about my research a little differently and stumbled upon this Brennecke's Beach Bungalow. As I read the description, I just got a feeling that this was the right place for us. It was less than a minute walk from the beach, had a ton of great reviews, and was a great price at $150/night. And a huge plus was the beach it was less than a minute from was Brennecke's Beach, one of the best beaches for body surfing which JP loves to do. The Bungalow is attached to a ladies house which made me a little hesitant to book but all the reviews were so great that I quickly got over my hesitation.
The good feelings I got about the Bungalow turned out to be right. We absolutely loved this little place.
Here is the entire house. The Bungalow is located on the left of the main house. We were in the bottom story and had a wonderful lanai to sit outside and enjoy the perfect weather. There was a couple that stayed on the top floor but we never saw them. We did see the couple that live in the main house a few times when we were coming in or out and they were on their lanai. It was nice to hear their suggestions of things to do since they are locals!
It was one large room with a bathroom. The bedroom area was carpeted and the kitchen area was hardwood.The Bungalow was stocked with everything we could possibly need including Hawaiian granola, pineapple, and juice. The kitchen had everything except a stove but there was a toaster oven and griddle that were perfect substitutes. Not only was the Bungalow stocked but we had access to a shed that was full of beach chairs and umbrellas, boogie boards, and snorkeling gear. It saved us from having to rent snorkeling gear. Overall it was evident that the owner of the Bungalow really paid attention to details.
One of my favorite things about the Bungalow was having the windows open at all times. Many of the places available for rent in Poipu do not have air conditioning because the trade winds are pretty much always present. JP gets hot really easily so I was somewhat concerned but it ended up being perfect. There was a ceiling fan and that combined with open windows with trade winds resulted in the perfect temperature. Plus having the windows open means you get to hear the ocean really well!
Here is the wonderful view from our lanai. The beach is where you see the palm trees.

These flowers were blooming right in front of the Bungalow.


No comments:
Post a Comment