This recipe was surprisingly quick and easy partly made so by the fact that I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts unlike the whole chicken the original chef used. This was much to the disappointment of my loving husband who informed on this night that he in much prefers chicken legs and wings (really anything with skin) over boneless skinless chicken breast. His tastebuds may feel that way, but his arteries feel the complete opposite.
Also, my reading comprehension when it comes to recipes is terrible. As much as I say I need to read through the entire recipe before I start, I don't. So I got a third of the way through the recipe and realized I was not prepared to do it the way the recipe called for so I just winged it and did it my own way... which is the way I have below.
Don't be intimidated by the long ingredient list. I promise this is not a time consuming recipe!
Arroz con Pollo
Adapted from Eat Live Run
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 bell peppers of any color (I like to do different colors!), diced
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 cup canned diced tomatoes
1/3 cup green olives, sliced in half or thirds (I love olives so I might have used more)
1/2 cup green peas (I used frozen that had been thawed)
2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups brown rice
3 cups Chicken broth
Start by placing chicken broth in a pot to boil for the rice. Go ahead and start the next step. Once the water is boiled at the rice and let it cook (I usually use minute rice).
Combine orange juice, lime juice, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet. Heat and add chicken breasts. Add 1/4 teaspoon cumin & 1/4 teaspoon paprika to each side of chicken breasts (use more if you think you need it). While the chicken cooks, I use the cooking utensil to cut the chicken into slices.
Add bell peppers, yellow onion, and diced tomatoes.
Add 2 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 bay leaf, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
Once chicken is cooked throughout add olives and green peas.
Mix in cooked rice and serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment