Lift weights at least 5 times/week.
I'm weak. Just ask my husband, my sister, and my mom. I have to keep
up with my push up doing husband, my 12lb weight lifting sister, and my
daily weight lifting mom. Plus I should probably help my bones out so
they will be strong when I'm old.
I've always gotten exercise in, but weight resistant exercise has never been my strong point. I wasn't sure how I was going to achieve this because to be honest I've tried to do this before. I realized that I can't hold myself accountable in this area! Thankfully, one of the girls in my home group had talked about going to workout classes at Dawson Baptist. I decided a class is just what I need to hold me accountable.
Since January, I have been going to 2 classes a week. The first class is a boot camp where we do a lot of cardio with some weights and abs at the end. The second class is short bursts of cardio mixed in with a lot of strength training. I don't think I have worked out this hard- especially the boot camp- since high school! Since the weather has been nice, we have been going outside and doing sprints and a few other things that remind me of high school athletics.
One great thing about these classes- other than the fact they are a good workout- is the cost. If you pay for each class, it is $3 a class. However, if you buy a punch card you pay $30 upfront for 15 classes- $2 a class. If you just do the classes and not use the equipment on your own time, you don't have to join the facility. So the excuse that going to classes is expensive no longer works!
Although this is only twice a week, I am really motivated on the days I don't go to class to do something. Before I didn't really even know where to start so I just wouldn't do any weights. But now, these classes have taught me a lot of new weight bearing exercises and have encouraged me to do more cardio.
One thing that I have found to help me get a good workout in at home is using some the circuit workouts I've seen on pinterest.
I turn on some dance music and get to it! Doing things like this are great! You don't have to be outside- if its cold, rainy, too hot, too late- but you also don't have to have any fancy equipment. All I use are some 5lb weights.
I plan to continue doing these things through the year... and hopefully after! I've found that it isn't as overwhelming or take as much time as I thought, and I actually enjoy it!
I've always gotten exercise in, but weight resistant exercise has never been my strong point. I wasn't sure how I was going to achieve this because to be honest I've tried to do this before. I realized that I can't hold myself accountable in this area! Thankfully, one of the girls in my home group had talked about going to workout classes at Dawson Baptist. I decided a class is just what I need to hold me accountable.
Since January, I have been going to 2 classes a week. The first class is a boot camp where we do a lot of cardio with some weights and abs at the end. The second class is short bursts of cardio mixed in with a lot of strength training. I don't think I have worked out this hard- especially the boot camp- since high school! Since the weather has been nice, we have been going outside and doing sprints and a few other things that remind me of high school athletics.
One great thing about these classes- other than the fact they are a good workout- is the cost. If you pay for each class, it is $3 a class. However, if you buy a punch card you pay $30 upfront for 15 classes- $2 a class. If you just do the classes and not use the equipment on your own time, you don't have to join the facility. So the excuse that going to classes is expensive no longer works!
Although this is only twice a week, I am really motivated on the days I don't go to class to do something. Before I didn't really even know where to start so I just wouldn't do any weights. But now, these classes have taught me a lot of new weight bearing exercises and have encouraged me to do more cardio.
One thing that I have found to help me get a good workout in at home is using some the circuit workouts I've seen on pinterest.
I turn on some dance music and get to it! Doing things like this are great! You don't have to be outside- if its cold, rainy, too hot, too late- but you also don't have to have any fancy equipment. All I use are some 5lb weights.
I plan to continue doing these things through the year... and hopefully after! I've found that it isn't as overwhelming or take as much time as I thought, and I actually enjoy it!



No comments:
Post a Comment