Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Legit Photographer

Photography has become quite a trendy thing these days as it seems everyone is picking up a D-SLR and calling themselves a photographer.  And yes, a good camera can help make everyday pictures look good and knowing how to work with the aperture etc can make them look even better.  However, there is nothing that can replace the talent of the one behind the camera.  There is a difference in the person who takes pictures and the person who thinks and lives photography.

So I wonder, when I tell people that my brother-in-law Michael is a photographer, do they understand that he is legit.  He has talent.  It is not just the camera. (And I should know- I have the camera he used to use and there is no way the photos I take with it are anywhere close to the ones he took with it!).

Michael has gained excellent experience in his year and a half at Visionyard Photography in Phoenix and has had the opportunity to shoot many weddings and grow his portfolio.  Today Michael was published on TWO wedding websites- Storyboard Wedding & Bridal Guide (you know... the people who make that huge wedding magazine you always see).. Yes, two!  I am quite proud of him!

I love this quote from storyboardwedding.com: There are times when choosing which images make it into a post is an easy task, and there are times when the combination of photographer & couple make it incredibly hard! This is most definitely one of those times!


Check out his work!

Bridal Guide- Photo of the Day

Storyboard Wedding

No comments: