In July (yes I know it is September and I am just now updating about July), my Mom, Sister, and I went to the Marriott Grand in Point Clear, Alabama (close to Fairhope). It is a gorgeous resort with a relaxing atmosphere. Since I work at UAB Hospital I am part of the Teachers Retirement System of Alabama and one of the benefits is we get discounts at this hotel, as well as a few others in the state.
On the way down to the resort we stopped at a rest stop for a picnic lunch complete with food prepared by Mom and Sister. Once we arrived at the Resort we had plenty of options of things to do. The Resort is right on Mobile Bay with two side of the Resort being up against the water. A sidewalk wraps around the Resort up against the water.
The trees are absolutely beautiful! And they have hammocks AND swings, two of my favorite things.
We enjoyed playing croquet (Mom dominated) and riding bikes. There is a Country Club that is part of the Resort, and we went to the pool there. The pool at the Resort is really nice to we just wanted to check out the one at the Country Club since last year we spent a lot of time at the one at the Resort.
One of our favorite parts of staying at the Grand is High Tea which occurs at 4 o'clock every afternoon. This is a time for you to get in your best attire and act like a lady as you sip on your tea and eat your cookie.
Ok, maybe that is what it originally was supposed to be. In reality, it is a time for you to wait in a really long line in your swimsuit to get cookies and tea. And when I say cookies, I mean an entire plate of cookies- we are talking at least five likely six or seven... and these cookies are large. You aren't really supposed to wear your swimsuit and those that did got scolded. No worries, we wore appropriate attire and got 1-2 cookies. Unfortunately I got no pictures of this event.
If you ever get a chance to check this place out, you should. There is not doubt you will have yourself a Grand time!
No comments:
Post a Comment